26 Shabaan 1435
25 June 2014
Wednesday يوم الاربعاء
Miswak ~ A forgotten Sunnah
Rasulullaah Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam said: “Had I not thought it difficult for my ummah, I would have commanded them to use the Miswak before every salaah
(Al Bhukhari and Muslim)
Advantages And Benefits Of Miswak
1. Miswak eliminates bad odours and improves the sense of taste.
2. Miswak sharpens the memory.
3. Miswak eliminates phlegm.
4. Miswak creates a fragrance in the mouth.
5. Miswak is a cure for illness.
6. Miswak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.
7. Miswak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.
8. Miswak is a cure for headaches.
9. Miswak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.
10. Miswak causes teeth to glow.
11. Miswak strengthens the eyesight.
12. Miswak assists in digestion.
13. Miswak clears the voice.
14. The greatest benefit of using miswak is gaining the pleasure of Allah.
Hazrat Anas (رضي الله عنه) has narrated that Nabi Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam has said:- “That person who loves my sunnat loves me, and he will be with me in Jannah (Paradise)” (Tirmidhi)